About this site
The primary aim of this website is to promote discussion about the Code of Ethics for Registered Teachers/ Ngā Tikanga Matatika mō Ngā Pouako Kua Rēhitatia and its relationship with social media. The resources include:
- guidelines to help teachers use social media safely and ethically
- animated scenarios showing ethical dilemmas
- presentation frameworks to help teachers unpack the issues and examine social media use in their own school/centre
- positive case studies from teachers who have used social media successfully
- links to other sites with useful information about social media including concepts such as digital citizenship, privacy and copyright
- a social media map, describing different platforms and the characteristics of social media.